Webinar #11 – Federal Disability Insurance Plan Webinar – March 3, 2021
Webinar # 10
699 LEAVE AND RETURNING TO WORK – AIRBORNE RISK AND VENTILATION
During this webinar for Ontario members
- ✓ what you can do if you are facing challenges accessing 699 Leave
- ✓ what some of the airborne risks are and necessary ventilation precautions that should be taken
View the recording here on YouTube – https://youtu.be/hVgsGo0Hbrk
View & Save the webinar files –
Webinar # 9
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE PENSION PLAN: WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
During this webinar PSAC Pension and Disability Insurance Officer provides information on the Federal Public Service Pension Plan for Ontario members.
- Pension Plan Contributions
- Retirement Benefits
- Service Buybacks
Download the webinar PowerPoint slides as well as the document: Tips and information for PSAC members retiring from The Public Service of Canada.
UNDERSTANDING AND CONFRONTING RACISM
- Individual, Institutional and Systemic Racism in Canada
- Unique challenges of Anti-Indigenous and Anti-Black Racism
- Being Actively Anti-Racist in the Workplace
This webinar was open to everyone.
Originally aired on Monday August 10th, 2020 – 6:00 pm
View the recording here: Understanding and Confronting Racism Video
An Introduction to Anti-Racism for White Folks
A conversation between Paige Galette and Nora Loreto
Scholar and activist Angela Y. Davis has said that in a racist society, it is not enough to be non-racist. We must be antiracist.
This webinar features activists Paige Galette and Nora Loreto in conversation on the following topics:
- What is the difference between non-racism and anti-racism?
- What is white people’s role in the fight against racism?
If you are wondering – “why a webinar for white folks?” Please read this backgrounder.
Link to the video recording – https://register.gotowebinar.com/recording/996359153786151694
For further resources on anti-racism and decolonization, please visit the PSAC Resources page: http://psacunion.ca/anti-racism-resources
Webinar #6 – Ergonomic Tips for Temporary Home Workstations – 3 months later
We are now at the point where many of us have been working at home at temporary workstations for an extended period of time; potentially 3 months or longer.
- How have you been coping?
- Have you made a transition to an ergonomically sound workstation or are you still working from a laptop at your kitchen table?
- Are you now starting to develop some musculoskeletal discomfort?
There are some small changes you can make to transform your workstation into a more ergonomically sound temporary office if you find yourself continuing to work from home as time continues.
This webinar is open to everyone. Tuesday June 16th – 10:00 am
Webinar #5: June 10th, 2020 at 2:00PM
Anti-Black Racism Runs Deep but so does our Commitment Towards Combatting It
This webinar focuses on What Are Unions Doing About Anti-Black Racism?
- Panelists Larry Rousseau and Sandy Hudson join Marie Clarke Walker for a discussion about Anti-Black Racism and the role that Canada’s unions can play in the struggle for change.
This webinar is open to everyone. Tuesday June 10th – 2:00 pm
Listen to the webinar here: https://soundcloud.com/clc-ctc/what-are-unions-doing-about-anti-black-racism
Webinar #4: Returning to Work and Staying Healthy
This webinar focuses on preparing to return to work safely.
- Returning to work safely;
- Provincial & Federal Legislation;
- What Health and Safety Committees should be doing;
- How we build the union
This webinar is open to everyone.
Presentation: that was used during the webinar: Presentation
Watch the recording of the webinar here:
May 28th – https://vimeo.com/429018996/6ecb8fac11
May 30th — https://vimeo.com/429032599/e2b413bc27
Webinar #3: Protecting Your Mental Health and Wellbeing
- The impacts, stigma and realities of mental health and well being
- Where to get help if you need it
- What to do when the pay cheques stop
The webinar is open to everyone.
Watch the recording of presentation from April 25th and 30th here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/4357550804942116620
Presentation that was used during the webinar: Protecting_Your_Mental_Health;
Questions and Answers: Webinar #3 – Q&A
Webinar #2: Your Rights at Work – COVID-19 Pandemic
This webinar introduces workplace Health and Safety Committee responsibilities during these challenging times of the COVID-19 pandemic. We will examine what is in the federal and provincial acts as it relates to your employee rights in the workplace, and the obligations of your employer. We will discuss the meaning of “danger”.
Watch the recording of the webinar that took place on April 9th & 18th here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/3781315452057916430
Presentation that was used during the webinar: Webinar Slides
Questions and Answers: Webinar#2 Q&A
Webinar #1: Your Health and Safety Rights at Work – Intro to Health and Safety
This webinar is an introduction to Health and Safety and your rights at work during these challenging times of the COVID-19 pandemic. We will examine concepts like “general duty” “your three (3) rights”, and “how your Union can assist you with Health & Safety issues you may be having in the workplace”.
This webinar is open to all PSAC members.
Watch the recording of the webinar that took place on April 7th and April 15th here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/3323965894029344270
Presentation that was used during the webinar: Presentation;
Questions and Answers: Webinar #1 Q&A
Should you have any question please contact OntarioWebinar@psac-afpc.com