Stewards Series on-line training modules.
If you are a union steward and want to increase your knowledge and hone your skills, these on-line modules will help.
Tier One courses are broad-based, while Tier Two courses offer more specific learning for stewards who want to develop areas of expertise. See what is available and start your learning.
If you are not a steward but would like to become one, please contact your Local.
Here is a List of the Steward Series Modules:
Tier One Courses are a Pre-requisite for the Advanced Representation Training for Steward (ARTs):
- Why Unions?
- Role of Stewards
- Building our Union
- Steward as Problem-solvers
- Grievances: An Overview
- Human Rights in the Workplace
Tier Two Courses:
Tier Two, Group A –
- Employment Equity in the Workplace
- Duty to Accommodate
- Stewards as Allies for Racial Justice
- Connecting with Members with Disabilities
- Connecting with Aboriginal Members
- Defending GLB Members Against Homophobia in the Workplace
- Defending Trans Members’ Rights in the Workplace
- Creating Gender Equality
- Mental Health Matters
Tier Two, Group B –
- Economics for stewards in the Workplace
- Planning an Action – Taking Action
- Creating Harassment-free Workplaces
- The Obligation to Represent Members Fairly
- What Stewards Need to Know about Health and Safety
- Working Strategically Through Conflict