Three awards will be presented at this year’s 2017 Ontario Regional Triennial Convention to members who have shown a high level of activism and outstanding contributions to their union.
Eligibility is based on the following criteria and the selected nominees will be decided by a sub-committee of PSAC’s Ontario Regional Council:
- Must be a PSAC Ontario Region member who is in good standing, as of May 1, 2017
- Has shown exemplary leadership and activism on behalf of PSAC Ontario’s membership
- PSAC Ontario Council members are not eligible to be nominated
(Actions/activities that could be considered criteria for the Award are achievements, efforts, mobilization, organizing campaigns, notable leadership and years of service.)
Making a Nomination:
Any PSAC Ontario region member in good standing can submit a nomination (limit 1 nomination per member). A nominator does not require a seconder, but must provide the following information:
- A 500-word (maximum) explanation on how the nominated member has shown their exemplary contributions to our union
- The member’s full name, Component/DCL and Local number
- Nominator’s contact information, should the committee require further information
If you know a PSAC Ontario region activist you believe meets or exceeds the criteria listed above, you are encouraged to send, in writing (max 500 words), your nomination to the Regional Executive Vice-President’s office, attention Lino Vieira (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than April 28, 2017.
Please describe the nominee’s achievements, efforts or leadership and how their union activism has positively impacted PSAC and/or the wider labour movement.
The PSAC Ontario Regional Council Sub-Committee will review all nominations and make a recommendation to Ontario Council. The award recipients will then be notified by the REVP’s office and the award will be presented at the 2017 Ontario Regional Triennial Convention. If the member is not attending the Ontario Regional Triennial Convention, the award will be presented to their Local representative on their behalf, or by the REVP if there is no Local representation.
For more information on the PSAC Ontario Activism Award, please contact Lino Vieira (email@example.com).