PSAC members have been struggling for almost 2 years under the Phoenix pay system. The financial and emotional hardships faced by so many of our membership is inexcusable, and this government has not done enough to correct this situation.
PSAC is demanding the government:
- Step up the hiring process and permanently expand the compensation capacity both in the pay centres and in departments
- Recognize that damages are owed to workers impacted by Phoenix
- Dedicate staff to help employees understand their pay and figure out what they are owed
- Stop recoveries of emergency salary advances until employees have received the pay they are owed
- Recover only the net pay of overpayments, instead of the gross pay
On February 28th, PSAC will be holding a National Day of Action and we are asking members to organize a Local action that will send a statement to the government that we are tired of waiting for Phoenix to be fixed.
What: National Day of Action
When: February, 28, 2018
This could be a group picture with signs or statements of solidarity on social media, a workplace leaflet, or any action to draw attention to this critical issue. Materials have been developed for this Day of Action, so please contact your nearest PSAC Regional Office to obtain them.
Sharon DeSousa, PSAC Regional Executive Vice-President – Ontario