Thunder Bay & NW ON Region Area Council Meeting Minutes of July 5, 2017

Thunder Bay & NW ON Area Council
Meeting Minutes of July 5th, 2017
Thunder Bay Regional Office

Meeting was called to order at 5:30 by Tony Crupi, President

Roll Call of Officers: Tony Crupi, President (UTE), Peter Cloidt, Vice-President (UTE)
Regrets: Kevin Lundstrom, Treasurer (UHEW), Rita Lemick, Secretary (UHEW)

Quorum was not reached for this meeting

Attendance: Susan Micklea (UHEW)
Staff: Sandra Goodick, Regional Representative
Nancy Johnson, Administrative Assistant

The meeting’s agenda was specifically to plan the Labour Day BBQ activities. Completion of the Labour Day Proposal Template
Reviewed 2016 Proposal, not all $ requested was received but funds helped for ice cream purchase

Completed 2017 proposal will be sent via email to Cleo with cc to Lino, Chris, Sandra and Tony by Nancy in morning

Sandra gave a review of what takes place at the event:
Hotdogs, drinks supplied by Labour Council 12-3
700+ attendees
Rain date will be the Tuesday from 5-7pm
Area Council has a tent, face painting and ice cream cups.
Require 4-6 volunteers for ice cream and 2 for face painting.
Good activity for high school students to get their volunteer hours

Set up 10 am, picnic runs from noon to 3 pm

Sandra will be away this year but Nancy volunteering to assist and Tony/Peter will make arrangements to pick up table, tent, chairs, flags, coolers and supplies from office.

Sandra advised that the T-shirts are in but unaware of the colour. She would like to see more T-shirts ordered and distributed at “Chat & Chew” the week before to promote the picnic and work of the committees. Hold BBQ’s for members at INAC, Patterson Park and UHEW office.

Susan Micklea volunteered to work at the Labour Day picnic and will solicit members with high school students to volunteer for face painting.

Nancy will send an email out to members asking for volunteers, Peter has an event poster to be included with the call out.

Tony stated that he had received the Regional and National allocations of $1,430.00 and $670.00 respectively. Discussion about depositing into AC bank account directly and providing receipt to Treasurer for records. Nancy will send Kevin an email with cc to Tony/Sandra asking his preference. As well he has other cheques for himself.

Sandra discussed the Call out for the WHSC Level 1 course being held in Mississauga, Saturday, October 21st to Tuesday, October 24th.
20 spots across Ontario
Deadline to register is August 18th but encourage members to apply early.
Angela Fairweather is the lead facilitator along with Sandra and two (2) AF’s

Lobbying training for CIU members in the fall, open to Area Council member if room as there is a budget line item in Area Council 2017 Budget
Locals will have to provide LWOP as the funding is for CIU members only at this time

Peter asked Sandra about delegate status for PSAC National Convention, as it relates to NAPC, she will contact Michael Desautels and advise Peter.

Next meeting date tentatively last week of September

Meeting adjourned 6:00 pm

Our Organization: