Toronto – The Customs and Immigration Union (CIU) and the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC), will be demonstrating at Pearson Airport. This demonstration is meant to draw attention to the ongoing bargaining process between the government and Border Services officers.
- Where: Pearson Airport – Terminal 1, Departures
- When: Thursday, March 15th at 12:00 p.m.
- Who: Jean-Pierre Fortin, CIU National President and Mark Weber, CIU 1st National Vice-President
CIU is composed of more than 8,000 FB members working for the Canadian Border Services. These members, who have been without a contract since June 2014, keep Canada’s borders safe, and deserve fair treatment.
The major outstanding issues are:
- Wage parity with other law enforcement agencies;
- ’25 and Out’ – the possibility of retiring after 25 years without penalty;
- Protecting against the contracting out of work;
- Preventing CBSA from using technology to cut positions or put Canadians’ safety at risk;
- Stronger provisions regarding discipline;
- Stronger provisions regarding Variable Shift Scheduling Arrangements.
CIU is a Component of PSAC and represents 10,000 workers at the Canada Border Services Agency, throughout the country.
For more information or to arrange interviews, please contact:
Lino Vieira, Political Communications Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-577-0238