This one day course will provide stewards with information and tools to effectively represent members with mental illness.
- Introduction to mental health in the workplace
- Improve our language and open our minds to the evolving respectful language
- Understand your role and responsibilities in representing members with mental health issues
- Understand the employer’s responsibilities related to mental health accommodation in the workplace
- Build on resource file of websites, employee assistance programs and community support to educate ourselves and assist our members