March 23, 2019 to March 24, 2019
Add to Calendar
PSAC Thunder Bay Regional Office 224-1139 Alloy Drive, Thunder Bay, ON (Map)
Sign-up Deadline: March 15, 2019
The major purpose of this course is to provide grievor’s union representatives with basic knowledge and skills to work with members and effectively process grievances at the initial stages of the grievance procedure and to mobilize them around workplace problems.
By the end of the course, participants will:
• Know what a grievance is and where the right to grieve comes from;
• Understand their legal and contractual rights and obligations as union representatives in the grievance process;
• Understand how the grievance process works;
• Know how to write a grievance,
• Be able to fully prepare for a grievance hearing;
• Be able to motivate and involve members in the grievance process;
• Be able to effectively present a grievance to management;
• Be able to prepare a grievance file that can be used at all stages of the grievance process.
Open to: Stewards, Local Executive members, local activists, health and safety committee members, all members
Prerequisite: Talking Union Basics