Bullying is an increasing problem at workplaces across the country. Dealing with workplace bullying is a complex issue and can’t be fully addressed in a 1 day workshop. However, in this time frame participants should be able to get some clarity about the problem, possible solutions, and the union’s role in addressing workplace bullying.
WORKSHOP OBJECTIVES: By the end of the workshop participants will:
• Know more about the concepts of harassment, bullying and personal harassment;
• Understand the behaviours that labour arbitrators will consider to be harassment or bullying or personal harassment;
• Be able to describe the impact of bullying on individuals and the overall workplace culture;
• Debunk some of the myths and stereotypes surrounding bullying;
• Identify options open to targets of bullying or personal harassment and the likely consequences to the perpetrator of bullying or personal harassment;
• Be able to name individual and collective strategies for dealing with bullying.